Thursday, July 23, 2009

Is it Halloween yet?


I know it is only July, but August is nearly here and then after than we will have Labor Day. Once Labor Day comes, it truly is time to start preparing for Halloween. This is probably my favorite holiday of the year. I love ghost and goblins and Halloween parties, Halloween costumes and all the fun spooky decorations.

Some of the best parts are making pumpkins, eating pumpkin pie (or pumpkin cheesecake!) and enjoying the Fall harvest -- warm spiced apple sider with a piece of pumpkin pie covered with ice cream is the perfect treat.

Then on Halloween itself, there's bobbing for apples, candy corn, and lots of picking from the kids candy bags.

I usually start decorating for Halloween pretty early, bringing out some of my collection of Vintage Halloween decorations, slowly adding more until I have quite the houseful of them. Usually they will be on display for at least another week or two after Halloween and then it is time to put them away and bust out the Thanksgiving decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment